Re: EGCS 1.0 is out

On Wednesday,  3 Dec, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> Could we possible separate libg++ and libstdc++? I don't think there is
> much reason to include libg++ in Base, but libstdc++ definately should be
> in there. I do admit I don't have any idea how much C++ code in debian
> makes use of the special G++ constructs so this might be a bad idea!

I think it is better to separate libg++ and libstdc++.  If I'm not
mistaken, the only Debian package on my system that uses libg++ is menu.
Speaking of egcs, I think since it comes with libstdc++ and has libg++
as an add-on to its source tree, these libraries should be built as
separate binary packages from the egcs source package.

	Nikita