RE: Kernel for AlphaServer 1000 (Success!... and a question)
I finally got the AS's to properly boot and made a running kernel for the
- The AS1000 5/300 is a Mikasa-Primo
- The AS1000A 5/300 is a Noritake-Primo
- They both start with aboot from SRM.
- The Noritake image can boot the Mikasa (but won't recognize the DE435
Ethernet board; I had to make a new kernel for that to work)
- The Tulip driver works well with Accton DC21140-based ethernet boards.
The only annoying problem I've got left is the console: I tried compiling
support for both TGA and VGA console and TGA console only; however, I'm
getting a display without reverse-video or bold or other ANSI attributes.
Moreover, the background seems to oscillate unpredictably between black and
red. Other than that it's running rather well. I used "make config", not
"menuconfig" or "xconfig"...
Any hint as to what's going on with the console? (I'm thinking of plugging
a VGA board, but if there's a way to avoid this I'd rather not do it)...
Many thanks to the list and in particular to Roberto Pastor and Jay
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .