Re: /etc/init.d/xfs not executable, and more

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Lars Wirzenius wrote:

> I had some problem installing xbase (I think), since
> /etc/init.d/xfs was installed without execution permission,
> which meant that the postinst script failed. Perhaps the
> person in charge of the X package could check this? (I'll
> offer to compile the package, once we're a bit more settled
> down and if I get any necessary patches to compile it.)

I noticed this also and thought I corrected it in my final versions on
beezer, but this may not be the case.  No matter what, though, someone
should file this as a bug report since it's obviously a "more upstream
than us" problem.

> I'll try to get the automation to mirror sources and compile
> packages for the Alpha up during the weekend.

Great :)  Since my hardware woes continue, I'm temporarily out of the mix.
I took the machine home this past week, but the hectic hockey schedule has
kept me from doing any real work on it.  I think I may just have to save
up and buy a real external hard drive soon since that Jaz is too fussy to
keep using as a secondary drive.  Anyone know of any decent SCSI drives
for sale?  Just curious...

Chris