/etc/init.d/xfs not executable, and more

I re-installed our Alpha this week (finally got the rest of
the hard disks, so that the hardware configuration is what
it should be). The current installation is meant to be or
become the one we'll use for real.

I had some problem installing xbase (I think), since
/etc/init.d/xfs was installed without execution permission,
which meant that the postinst script failed. Perhaps the
person in charge of the X package could check this? (I'll
offer to compile the package, once we're a bit more settled
down and if I get any necessary patches to compile it.)

I'll try to get the automation to mirror sources and compile
packages for the Alpha up during the weekend.