Re: noritake? (was Re: Unidentified subject!)

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Roberto A. Lumbreras Pastor wrote:

> Yes, it is AS 1000A (at least that says the box and manuals :)
> According to
> ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/digital/Linux-Alpha/Kernels/Test-Milos-2.0.30+/MILO-systypes
> Hardware type    aliases          MILO image
> AS 1000A (EV4)   noritake         N/A
> AS 1000A (EV5)   noritake-primo   N/A
> So my box is a noritake-primo?

Yep.  It's definitely an EV5 board, so primo it is :)

> at ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/digital/Linux-Alpha/Kernels/ there
> are some files named "noritake-2030-srm-ev[45]-XXnov.img", so I
> suppose that are kernels that can be loaded from SRM... I will try
> them tomorrow.

Yes, I just found them also, after combing the various MILO dirs on
gatekeeper.  Let me know how those work for you (or if they don't, what
you think might be wrong).  Also, if you could document what you go
through to get it to work, we'd appreciate it since we're trying to make
the install document more inclusive than it is :)

Good luck!

Chris