compiling glibc

i was trying to compile glibc 2.0.5 the other day and when i
ran configure it said i needed linuxthreads and crypt...

sooooo off i went to find linuxthreads and i grabbed 0.6 but
i couldnt get it to compile

at this point im sure im doing something wrong, can someone
please lend me a hand and help steer me in the right direction.

my goal here is to make a little simple distro for my own
personal use

thanks
nick