Success report.

I've just switched my UDB over from running a 2.0.X-series kernal to a 2.1.X
series kernel.  Some of the problems I had been having magically went away.
In particular, the distribted PPP started to work, as did the "more" utility.

Do we want the distribution to work with 2.0 kernels?  I can see "no" being
considered a reasonable answer -- what's the consensus?

If so, I'll reboot back into 2.0 and compile a list of what starts to fail
again.  If instead 2.1+ is going to be required, we need a set of 2.1+-based
install floppies (which I can only test on the UDB).  Are the 1997-10-05
kernels 2.1?

(Now I'm going to go test something I've *never* seen work on an Alpha but
which I've used succesfully on Intel boxes -- the bsd_comp module for PPP.)

--
Doug DeJulio                         | mailto:ddj@aisb.org
Ancient Illuminated Seers of Bavaria | http://www.aisb.org/~ddj/