Re: Packages with bad dependencies

I'm keeping a copy of the script, btw.  I'm sure it'll come in handy :)

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Nikhil Nair wrote:

> The output from the master tree is below.  Maybe these should be retired,
> even if replacements aren't yet available?  We don't want these to
> propagate ...
>
> Filename: base/sysvinit_2.70-1.deb
> Pre-Depends: libc5 (>=5.2.18-2)

This has been recompiled and is on my site complete with patches for the
new util-linux.  It now depends on libc6.1.

> Filename: devel/libbsd_5.2.18-1.deb
> Depends: libc6-dev

This is still a mystery.  I haven't been able to find the source for it to
recompile.  It appears to have been an add-on for libc5 since it didn't
include libbsd compatibility (which is now supported by glibc in
semi-complete fashion).  I've found quite a few functions, though, that
are missing in glibc's compat lib, so I'll have to renew my search for
this.

> Filename: devel/gcc_2.7.2-8.deb
> DEPENDS: libc5 (>=5.2.18-5), binutils (>=2.6-2)

This also has been recompiled by Mike and is on my site.  It now depends
on libc6.1.

> Filename: doc/libc6-doc_2.0.4-1.deb
> Depends: libc6 (=2.0.4-1)

Argh!  Enough said :P

> Filename: interpreters/cpp_2.7.2-8.deb
> DEPENDS: libc5 (>=5.2.18-5)

This one was also recompiled by Mike and the depends were fixed in the
process.  It's also on beezer.

As for the rest, I'll recompile as I get to them.  I should be able to
wipe out most of the stuff in a day or two, but may not be able to start
on them right away (I'm at 99% disk space used right now).

Chris