Re: gcc?

On Sunday, 28 Sep, Nikhil Nair wrote:

> Don't they have releases every few months and snapshots in between?  Or
> haven't they got to the first `release' yet?

Yes, they do (at least suppose to); no, they haven't.

> Can it cope with exceptions?  If so, maybe we should use it to produce a
> `menu' binary ...

Possibly, if we make it statically linked with libg++ built with egcs.
Our current gcc-built libg++ does not support exceptions, and menu
segfaults when linked against it.  Probably egcs-built libg++ will cause
everybody else to segfault. :-(

	Nikita