Re: gcc is killed by -O2

Sven Rudolph <sr1@os.inf.tu-dresden.de> writes:
> On some .c files gcc exits on signal 11. This doesn't happen when I
> disable -O2.

Known problem.

> Is there a newer gcc for alpha-linux. Debian gcc 2.7.2.2-4 source
> doesn't know anything about alpha, and I didn't find alpha-patches
> anywhere.

I am uploading a gcc-2.7.2.1-10 for Alpha at this moment.  It should
take care of this problem.

*HOWEVER*, my PPP line to home has been having mega problems, so I
can't be sure things will complete.  On top of that, I'm going to be
out of town for a week starting tomorrow, so from my end things will
come to a halt.  If I can, I'll try and schedule some other stuff I've
been compiling to upload---like the newest glibc and binutils---but,
again, I don't know if it'll work.  If it doesn't, it'll be a while
before I can get to it.

Mike.