Re: help! (continues)

On 3 Jun 1997, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:

Hi,

> Hmmm.  Those are (or should be) in gcc, in:
>
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-linux/2.7.2.1/crt*

Yup. One could think once for a while and let 'find' do some work too :)

> Why they're in libc, too?  I'm not sure.  Must investigate.

Dunno. i was just looking i386-version and those are included there
in libc5-dev, so i was obviously looking those from libc6.1-dev ;)

Anyway, i couldn't compile working one with the scripts, so i
just stripped all the 'unneeded' (same as script is stripping)
symbols out of the /lib/libc.so.6.1 and dumped that in to the rootdisk.
That solved something, but now dinstall is looping madly in endless loop
and i feel quite tired already -> i'll look it tomorrow again (actually today)

PS. i think that RedHat's ramdisk libc is made quite same way as it's
quite same size and dynamic too.

-- upi@iki.fi -- http://www.iki.fi/upi/