Re: Install problems with Deb 2.1 / Cabriolet board

> Hi all..
>
> I am trying to install 2.1 on a Digital Cabriolet machine. When I get to
> "Install Operating System Kernel and Modules" I get an error about
> broken loop device. I cannot read the whole screen..either moves to fast

This has nothing to do with your machine, It's normal happenings with
the latest boot disk set.  From what Loic said in emails, in response
to bug testing the floppies, right before release, (I'm going from
memory here so I might be slightly off) The error message isnt
actually wrong, Its just showing up on the wrong virtual terminal. It's
trying to mount the floppies with all file system types, and your
seeing the errors in it failing to mount it as msdos? I think.
There were some keyboard problems when he attempted to put the errors  on
VT #3? so those attempts at eliminating the errors were reverted
so the keyboard would work again.

Now I must admit there is a problem with not being able to install the
modules from the install script, but I dont think that error message
is the problem. You should be able to skip to the next step by
manually selecting the next step in the process after installing
modules which I think is install base.

Now hopefully I've responded to the correct error message :P

		   Phil.