Re: SHMMAX, cdrecord, kernel

On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Paul Slootman wrote:
> Ah, yes; but I gather you've never had to deal with Joerg Schilling
> (cdrecord author) ?  :-)  It's amazing cdrecord is even supported on
> linux, as Joerg disagrees with the generic scsi interface there, and
> thinks (maybe correctly, I'm no expert) that _his_ generic scsi
> interface is much better. I don't know why he hasn't made more effort
> to get it into the standard kernel, in that case...

	From what I remember, he did submit patches to Alan Cox, but
according to Joerg, AC ignored it and passwd the previous code to Linus
for inclusion in 2.2. He gave arguments for why his code is better, but I
don't really know much about SCSI programming, so can somebody comment if
it REALLY is better?

Greetings,
Michael.

"I'm not just a server, but I'm also a client."		Debian GNU/Linux
Michael Stroucken	stroucki@debian.org	 Is your penguin 64 bit?