Re: Minor ROCm Packaging Suggestions

Hi all,

On 2024-03-13 16:57, Cordell Bloor wrote:
> I was talking with Petter about the rocdbgapi package and he suggested
> two changes that might apply to all the ROCm packages:
>
>  1. Add d/gbp.conf with pristine-tar = True.

Sounds good. I guess we all have our own .gbp.conf tweaked but new
contributors will trip over this (as you've pointed out to me).

I'd probably also add patch-numbers = False for packages that don't have
numbered patches.

>  2. Add the upstream maintainer email to the package information (after
>     verifying that it is being monitored).

Sounds fine either way, but just to clarify, do you mean to the package
description, or the "Upstream-Contact" field of d/copyright?

> These seem pretty reasonable to me. Any thoughts on adopting them across
> the board?

Thumbs up from me.

Best,
Christian