Re: Migrating ROCm 5.7 mathlibs to unstable

Hey Cory,

On 2024-01-09 10:21, Cordell Bloor wrote:
> I would like to start migrating some of the ROCm libraries that I
> believe to be ready for unstable. These are primarily the high-level
> libraries, such as rocrand. The ROCm math libraries are not tightly tied
> to the HIP version and we have autopkgtests that we can check to show
> that they currently functioning correctly in experimental on the sid
> toolchain [1]. If there are no objections, I will slowly start migrating
> the packages for which I have passing tests. We could probably also
> migrate rocm-cmake, although I do not have upload privileges for that
> library.>
> I'm really hoping we can complete the update to ROCm 5.7 before the
> Ubuntu 24.04 import cut-off at the end of Feburary, and I want to avoid
> a big-bang integration. A steady stream of package updates will make it
> easier to identify which update broke something, as compared to a bunch
> of changes getting uploaded in rapid succession.

sound like a good idea to me.

One thing I noticed with the recent rocr-runtime and rocm-device-libs
uploads is that our scheduler tests them individually, as discussed.

For the key libraries, we should probably also schedule tests will a few
key packages collectively pinned to experimental. I think this
overshoots the scheduler, but there's a semi-automated way to do this
I'll look into.

You should now have upload privileges for rocm-cmake.

Best,
Christian