Re: Updating ROCm packages

Hi Philipp,

On 2024-01-05 06:38, philipp.kosarev@gmail.com wrote:
> I was wondering whether ROCm packages are going to be updated to 5.3,
> or higher.
> It is required for Blender's Cycles renderer, since Blender version
> 3.5.

Yep, we are currently working on it, see [1]. Some of the packages have
already been updated in experimental; we hope to complete the others
sooner than later.

Once blender depends on any ROCm package, it will automatically be
tested on various AMD GPUs in our CI [2], but it seems that src:blender
does not provide autopkgtests. Perhaps we can help with that.

Best,
Christian

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/community/team-project/-/wikis/ROCm-5.7-Release-Plan
[2] https://ci.rocm.debian.net/