RFS: rocm-device-libs/5.7~git20231212.5a852ed-1~exp1 -- AMD specific device-side language runtime libraries

Hello,

I've updated rocm-device-libs to build using clang-17. The LLVM IR is only guaranteed to be stable within an LLVM major version, so changing the compiler is a breaking change.

I've renamed the binary package from rocm-device-libs to rocm-device-libs-17 to reflect that the new binary package is intended exclusively for use with LLVM 17. That was true of rocm-device-libs and LLVM 15 previously, but it was not reflected in the name. This will require a trip through NEW, but I think it's the right thing to do.

In discussing this change previously, I'd proposed splitting out a new source package, but after further consideration I deemed it simpler to just drop the old rocm-device-libs binary package. We don't have the manpower to maintain more than one toolchain anyway.

All tests are passing thanks to Jeremy Newton's fixes. The only question I have is with regards to the d/copyright file. The upstream license file states that the copyright is "2014-2016, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc." but the library has clearly been updated in every year from 2017 to 2023. Every maintainer for this package seems to have gone by the stated copyright date in the repo's license file, so that's how I left it. In any case, I'll raise the issue upstream, because AMD should update the date regardless.

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "rocm-device-libs":

 * Package name     : rocm-device-libs
   Version          : 5.7~git20231212.5a852ed-1~exp1
 * URL              : https://github.com/ROCm/ROCm-Device-Libs/
 * License          : Sun, NCSA
 * Vcs              : https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/rocm-device-libs
   Section          : devel

The source builds the following binary packages:

  rocm-device-libs-17 - AMD specific device-side language runtime libraries

To access further information about this package, please visit the following URL:

  https://mentors.debian.net/package/rocm-device-libs/

Alternatively, you can download the package with 'dget' using this command:

  dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/rocm-device-libs/rocm-device-libs_5.7~git20231212.5a852ed-1~exp1.dsc

Changes since the last upload:

 rocm-device-libs (5.7~git20231212.5a852ed-1~exp1) experimental; urgency=medium
 .
   * New upstream version 5.7~git20231212.5a852ed
   * Remove rocm-device-libs binary package for LLVM 15
   * Add rocm-device-libs-17 binary package for LLVM 17
   * Move bitcode files to clang resource directory
   * Update upstream URLs
   * Add self to uploaders

Regards,
--