Re: pytorch and CUDA

Hi again,

On 2023-03-14 09:25, Andrius Merkys wrote:
dpkg-shlibdeps: error: no dependency information found for /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcudnn.so.8 (used by debian/libtorch1.13/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtorch_python.so.1.13)
Hint: check if the library actually comes from a package.

Right, /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcudnn.so.8 does not come from a package, it is downloaded and installed without ownership by nvidia-cudnn.

I see that nvidia-cudnn runs the downloader in postinst. Why the downloaded libraries are not transformed into a source package instead? It would seem a bit more natural to me, even if the source package would contain non-rebuilt binaries.

Alternatively, dpkg-shlibdeps could be instructed to ignore nvidia-cudnn libraries, I guess.

Best,
Andrius