Re: ROCM host architectures

Hi folks,

On 3/1/23 01:37, Cordell Bloor wrote:

On 2/27/23 14:46, Étienne Mollier wrote:

Cordell Bloor, on 2023-02-22:
On 2/21/23 14:06, Christian Kastner wrote:
I propose that unless we expect this builds to pass and the packages to
also be usable, we should initially limit to:

      Architecture: amd64 arm64 ppc64el
That seems reasonable.
I initially hoped to bring some support at least to the riscv64
architecture, as it seemed a promising platform in the future,
but resolving the current build issue remained out of my reach
for now.  The selection indicated by Christian looks fair enough
to me as well.

Finding test hardware is perhaps the most difficult part of this. Do you know if the AMDGPU kernel module works on riscv64? The only non-x86 hardware that I know of that uses AMD GPUs is the Raptor Talos II [1].

AFAICT, there's no point in trying to build for any of the other architectures. The three that Christian proposed are the only ones with driver support anyway [1].

[1]: https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/v6.2/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdkfd/Kconfig#L6-L8