Re: Updating rocr-runtime to 5.7.1

On 2023-11-25 22:55, Cordell Bloor wrote:
I was updating rocr-runtime from 5.2.3 to 5.7.1, but it seems that there were some precompiled shaders introduced in 5.3.0. I'm trying to find more information about these binary blobs [1].

The sources can be found in amd_blit_kernel.cpp [2]. I'm not entirely sure how to assemble SP3 shaders to reproduce those binary blobs, but I suppose it must be possible given that the sources long predate the blobs.

[1]: https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/ROCR-Runtime/blob/rocm-5.7.1/src/core/inc/amd_blit_shaders.h

[2]: https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/ROCR-Runtime/blob/rocm-5.7.1/src/core/runtime/amd_blit_kernel.cpp#L57