Re: Preparing Argo and Lyra for the CI (Was: Preparing Ursa and Lyra for the CI)

On 2023-11-01 17:00, Cordell Bloor wrote:
> On 2023-11-01 05:34, Christian Kastner wrote:
>> Making timeouts more package-specific was a recent discussion on the
>> debian-ci list [5]. I've created an issue to add this to our debci [6],
>> this shouldn't be much work, in fact.
>
> In the short term, we could just increase the global timeout until
> rocfft can finish on Argo and Lyra.

Yep. You should actually be able to change this by setting

    debci_autopkgtest_args="--timeout-test <seconds>"

in /etc/debci/debci.conf of Argo and/or Lyra.

In fact, I'd please ask you to do so, because that's the clean way to do
it, and I'll remove the 5h-hack at some point.

> Though, I still wonder what the illegal instruction is. It would be
> pretty handy if we could get a stack trace when the tests crash. That
> would narrow the problem quite a bit, even without interactive debugging.

It would indeed be pretty handy, but I don't think there is a quick
solution; this will require some thinking and some work. But I'd
definitely like to see that, too.

>> In any case, making the CPU configurable seems like something that might
>> be worthwhile to add to src:autopkgtest. I could add that to our fork
>> for now, would that help?
>
> That would be useful. The illegal instruction may be an indicator of a
> legitimate issue (or it might be kvm-specific), but we do not want it to
> obscure all other test results.

I created an issue for it in our autopkgtest fork [1], will implement
this soon. It shouldn't be much work.

> In the next few months, I would like to start adding laptop GPUs like
> the AMD Radeon 680M (gfx1035) and the AMD Radeon 780M (gfx1103) to the
> test matrix. The test systems for those will probably be mini-pcs. They
> might be suitable for doing double-duty as both CI workers and
> controllers for the local cluster of machines.

Sounds great!

Best,
Christian

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/autopkgtest/-/issues/1