Re: RFS: hipcub/5.3.3-4~exp1 -- portable interface for GPU parallel primitives - tests

Hi Étienne,

On 7/8/23 16:04, Étienne Mollier wrote:
Thanks for your work on hipcub and the other packages part of
ROCm.  I attempted to build the hipcub package, and all tests
passed with the amdgpu RX6800 available in the build context,
but the final packaging build steps choke on:

	patchelf --remove-rpath ./debian/tmp/usr/bin/test_*
	/bin/sh: 1: patchelf: not found

It looks like the patchelf package is missing from the build
dependencies list.

Thank you for catching that. I made the same error on hipcub, rocprim, and rocthrust. All three package have now been updated on Salsa.

By the way, clang-16 adds -fno-rtlib-add-rpath and --no-offload-add-rpath, which will eliminate the need for patchelf once we can move HIP to the new compiler.