Re: ROCm Package Testing Results

Hi Cory,

On 2023-07-06 03:52, Cordell Bloor wrote:
> I put together a test bench and ran the currently packaged tests for
> ROCm libraries on a variety of GPUs. I'm still collecting more GPUs and
> packaging more tests, but I figured this was a good start. >
> The full suite of tests performed were rocrand, hiprand, rocsparse,
> rocfft and hipblas on an RX 570 (gfx803), MI25 (gfx900), Radeon VII
> (gfx906), RX 5700 XT (gfx1010), W6800 (gfx1030), RX 6750 XT (gfx1031),
> RX 6700S (gfx1032), and the Ryzen 7 7700X integrated GPU (gfx1036).

That's a truly impressive amount of coverage! If you have any tips or
suggestions for how to run that much, do share some time (here, or on
the wiki). For example, I assume you swap out cards? Or do they each
have their own host?

I've got an RX 580 (gfx803?), 5600G (gfx09c) and an RX 6800 XT (gfx1030)
to add to the mix. There should be no difference test-wise between the
RX 6800 XT and you're W6800, right?

> I've only briefly glanced at the output, but it's clear that gfx803 and
> gfx1036 are currently somewhat broken. I think the rest look pretty
> good. There's definitely some sort of breakage in the hipBLAS test suite
> (possibly due to using a different reference BLAS than upstream).
>
> Anyway, I thought folks might find this data interesting. I'll be
> packaging the rocBLAS, rocPRIM and rocThrust tests soon, and trying to
> acquire more hardware to complete the coverage of all GFX9 and GFX10 GPUs.

It is! Truly.

> The logs are quite large, so I've stored in them compressed in a gist
> [1].> [1]: https://gist.github.com/cgmb/ca5d4c4311181c31c6c5bcf647174d0a

When running the tests as autopkgtests, autopkgtest can save these logs
away (by placing them in $AUTOPKGTEST_ARTIFACTS, which is exported to
the test runner).

This is useful when debci drives the tests, because debci collects
these, and makes them available for download.

I recently put up a question for the testing policy [2]: should we let
gtest produce XML output and save it away. We could periodically collect
this, and store it away in a more compact representation.

Best,
Christian

[2]
https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/community/team-project/-/wikis/autopkgtest-policy#produce-xml-test-artifacts

PS: I'm traveling, and won't be back in front of a computer until Sunday.