Re: RFS: rccl/5.3.3-2 -- ROCm Communication Collectives Library

Hi Christian,

On 2023-05-18 13:00, Christian Kastner wrote:
On 2023-05-18 20:26, Cordell Bloor wrote:
We might also want to look into adding packaging rccl-tests [1] to
expand the test suite for this package, as there's only a limited
selection of tests in the rccl repo. I'm not really sure what the best
way to do that would be, though.
The common pattern seems to be to ship a -tests package:

   $ apt-cache search '\-tests$'

I was sloppy and shipped rocrand's tests as -test (singular), which I'll
have to fix.

Are you sure that you will be renaming librocrand1-test to librocrand1-tests?

I have prepared librocsparse0-test, which packages the rocsparse-test binary, and librocfft0-test, which packages the rocfft-test binary. If you're certain that you'll be pluralizing the rocrand package, then I suppose I should pluralize the rocsparse and rocfft equivalents.

P.S. I should have librocsparse-doc and librocfft-doc ready soon, too.