Re: Question about how to handle HIP vs hipamd

Hi Cory,

Cordell Bloor, on 2022-05-14:
> On 2022-05-13 15:20, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> > I am currently trying to finish the packaging of rocm-hipamd so
> > it could be ready for upload to New queue soon hopefully.  The
> > software currently builds, but the test suite has to remain
> > disabled for the moment: I reached a point where I hit the
> > symptoms described by Cory in #1010467[4] while running the test
> > suite.  The necessary patch[5] looks in good shape to make it to
> > the upcoming clang 14 thankfully; thanks Cory!
> >
> > [3]:https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/rocm-hipamd/
> > [4]:https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1010467
> > [5]:https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues/55341
>
> Good news! #1010467 has now been closed thanks to the efforts of Sylvestre
> Ledru. The fix is included in clang-14/1:14.0.3-2.
>
> The two bugs CC'd to this mailing list were the first two bugs I'd ever
> filed with Debian. It's been a great experience! In so many other systems,
> I've felt like my bug reports were piped to /dev/null. Though, I'm sure your
> corrections to my report helped a lot! Thank you for your fixes.

Great!  \o/  Thank you for the fix backport in clang-14 in the
first place.  :)

> I gave the rocm-hipamd package build a try now that all dependencies seem to
> be ready, but I'm not very familiar with Debian package tooling and I got
> stuck trying to create the pristine tarballs. My approach was
>
>    debcheckout https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/rocm-hipamd.git
>    cd rocm-hipamd
>    origtargz
>
> but this was not successful.

This may be a side effect of multi-upstream tarballs, I haven't
worked with debcheckout and origtargz myself, but used gbp from
git-buildpackage instead; this should work:

	$ gbp clone https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/rocm-hipamd.git
	gbp:info: Cloning from 'https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/rocm-hipamd.git'

	$ gbp export-orig
	gbp:info: Creating /home/emollier/tmp/rocm-hipamd_5.0.0.orig.tar.gz
	gbp:info: Creating /home/emollier/tmp/rocm-hipamd_5.0.0.orig-hip.tar.gz
	gbp:info: Creating /home/emollier/tmp/rocm-hipamd_5.0.0.orig-clr.tar.gz
	gbp:info: Creating /home/emollier/tmp/rocm-hipamd_5.0.0.orig-opencl.tar.gz

Looking up how evolves the test suite…

Have a nice day,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <emollier@emlwks999.eu>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da