Re: Question about how to handle HIP vs hipamd

Hi Étienne,

On 2022-05-13 15:20, Étienne Mollier wrote:
I am currently trying to finish the packaging of rocm-hipamd so
it could be ready for upload to New queue soon hopefully.  The
software currently builds, but the test suite has to remain
disabled for the moment: I reached a point where I hit the
symptoms described by Cory in #1010467[4] while running the test
suite.  The necessary patch[5] looks in good shape to make it to
the upcoming clang 14 thankfully; thanks Cory!

[3]: https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/rocm-hipamd/
[4]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1010467
[5]: https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues/55341

Good news! #1010467 has now been closed thanks to the efforts of Sylvestre Ledru. The fix is included in clang-14/1:14.0.3-2.

The two bugs CC'd to this mailing list were the first two bugs I'd ever filed with Debian. It's been a great experience! In so many other systems, I've felt like my bug reports were piped to /dev/null. Though, I'm sure your corrections to my report helped a lot! Thank you for your fixes.

I gave the rocm-hipamd package build a try now that all dependencies seem to be ready, but I'm not very familiar with Debian package tooling and I got stuck trying to create the pristine tarballs. My approach was

debcheckout https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/rocm-hipamd.git
cd rocm-hipamd
origtargz

but this was not successful.