Re: hipRAND split from rocRAND

Hi Étienne,

On 2022-11-16 14:36, Étienne Mollier wrote:
I noticed the split with hipRAND in the latest version out there
(5.3.2).  I guess it would make sense to have a separate source
package of hipRAND[1] afterward.

Upstream is still building rocRAND and hipRAND together on Linux. That's why there's no releases tagged on the hipRAND repo. I'm told that will be changing soon, but I'm not sure exactly when. You probably will want a separate source package. The only real question is when to do the split.

I think they can already be built separately, so maybe I'll ask about adding tags for existing releases. After all, we tag Tensile for each release, even though it's only built as a part of rocBLAS (and the version used is specified via the tensile_tag.txt file).