Re: TVM packaging

On 2022-02-19 20:45 -0500, M. Zhou wrote:
> On Fri, 2022-02-18 at 03:29 +0000, Wookey wrote:
> I only found one doc-build in the mail and did not figure out
> another doc-build to be compared...
>
> But if you mean doxygen vs sphinx ... doxygen is likely for C++,
> and sphinx is surely for python.

That is what I meant. I didn't know that sphinx did python
documentation (I thought it was just a general documentation system
written in python).

> We should have a python3-tvm as it's the language interface used by their
> official starter examples. C++ does not make any starter example in
> the ML/DL fields.
>
> If you look into TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc, you will find all of them
> write terrible documentation for their C++ interface. Their first
> priority is the documentation for python interface.
>
> If we have to choose one from doxygen and sphinx documentation to
> drop ... just drop doxygen. The python doc is much more useful
> than C++ documentation generally.

That's a pity as the doxygen doc-build is much more straightforward
than the sphinx one, which needs two new packages and dealing with
this inventory download. But point taken: The python interface is not
optional here.

Cheers for the pointers. More next week.

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  Debian, Wookware, ARM
http://wookware.org/