Re: onednn is marked for autoremoval from testing

Hi Gard,

Am Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 04:33:12PM +0100 schrieb Gard Spreemann:

> I just pushed a new commit (ba393a45) to Salsa, introducing a simple
> patch that fixes the GCC 11 FTBFS.

Thanks for the patch.

> I did however not upload the result
> to the archive, because there's an error from dpkg-gensymbols about the
> generated symbols not matching the ones we ship. I'm not comfortable
> enough with C++ symbol mangling to take a stab at that, so I'll leave
> that to others. The build errors in bug #984270 are resolved at least.

I fixed this and uploaded.  BTW, my way to do so is:

  1. use pbuilder
  2. use the C99_failed_build hook
  3. when hitting the failure do in the pbuilder chroot
     # cd /build<tab><tab>
     (I forgot how the build dir is named, but tab extension works ;-) )
  4. dh_makeshlibs >/tmp/shlibs
  5. go to another terminal
     cd /var/cache/pbuilder/build
     find the according temporary_chroot_dir there and
  6. go to the git repository of the build
       patch -p0 < /var/cache/pbuilder/build/temporary_chroot_dir/tmp/shlibs
  7. vi debian/*.symbols*
      g/#MISSING/d
      %s/+ds-3$/d
     # the latter is to remove the Debian revision and is the example for
     # this actual build

Now you can commit the changes, leave the pbuilder chroot and rebuild.

BTW, there is a new upstream version out there but I refrained from
upgrading since I have no idea what might get broken when doing so.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de