Re: cuda support of src:pytorch

On 2020-12-05 05:10, Leonard Lausen wrote:
> I wonder if the term 2.7 is of no concern to Debian? My understanding is
> that Debian has not obtained a special license from NVidia, thus
> redistributing the toolkit would be based on the redistribution grant
> from the standard cuDNN license, which is subject to several
> restrictions including 2.7:
>
> "2.7 You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless NVIDIA and its
> affiliates, and their respective employees, contractors, agents,
> officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages,
> obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, fines, restitutions and
> expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees and costs
> incident to establishing the right of indemnification) arising out of or
> related to your use of the SDK outside of the scope of this Agreement,
> or not in compliance with its terms"

That does sound concerning but unless I'm mistaken, that part applies to
the *use* of the SDK, not the distribution of it.

With regards to the distribution (1.2), I have lots of questions, but
the terms of 1.2 are identical to 1.1.2 of the CUDA EULA, as you point
out.

Perhaps the NVIDIA Team should be CCed on this? Somebody is bound to
have the background on the CUDA EULA, and that person might be able to
clear up the cuDNN EULA for us.