Re: plan of deep learning team for next stable release?

Hi Mo,

thanks also to you.

On Wed, 25 Nov 2020, Mo Zhou wrote:
> > I remember there was some connection requests from Tensorflow devs
> > searching for Debian devs ... did that get any followup from any side? I
> > haven't seen anything.
>
> Nothing new on my side, neither.

Should we try to warm up that? Anyone here has interest in tensorflow?
Actually I **do** have, but I don't have any experience about building
it, so I didn't answer, but I think it would be a waste to waste this
option.

Should I connect them?

> There are many implementations of SYCL. I'd personally wait for Intel's
> implementation to be merged into LLVM:
>
>   https://github.com/intel/llvm

Ok!

> Agreed. Given the limited time frame and man power before the release,
> ROCm does not look like something for stable+1 at all.

Optimistically stable+1

> As for shipping julia-lts and julia-latest simultaneously, I doubt
> whether it is necessary given the current popcon record? The embedded

Good point, thanks. Appreciated. I guess for now we ship julia-latest as
"julia", and might revisit this for stable+1

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev