Re: Any hint what needs to be done to finalize tensorflow?

On Thu, Nov 05, 2020 at 03:32:17AM +0000, Mo Zhou wrote:
> I'm not sure what packages are exactly missing from Debian, but this
> directory is worth being checked, I think:
> https://github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow/tree/master/third_party
> Some of them are meanwhile PyTorch dependencies, so this portion
> is supposed to be in a good shape.

Hmmm, that seems to be a lot.  Strangely enough if I try to build in
pbuilder it downloads several dependencies from the internet - except if
sitting behind a proxy that is unknown to the pbuilder environment.  I
have never observed this before - seems bazel knows "tricks" to
undermine the offlineish nature of the pbuilder environment.  I have
never seen this happening before.

> Besides, one of the most valuable reverse dependency of tensorflow is
> tensorboard (feel free to take over this ITP since I feel overloaded):

I've commited some initial packaging to Salsa[1].  It also needs
some third party software.  The first one is

  http://mirror.tensorflow.org/github.com/bazelbuild/bazel-skylib/archive/0.7.0.tar.gz

I wonder whether all those dependencies are mandatory or whether
we might be able to exclude something optional.

> I'm not able to participate in TF maintenance, but I care about
> tensorboard because it can be used by PyTorch as well. Acceptance of
> tensorboard also unblocks the debianization of my favorate PyTorch
> abstraction layer "pytorch-lightning".

I could *help* with this - but I'm clearly neither qualified
nor does my time limit permit really focussing on this work.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/deeplearning-team/tensorboard

--