libmkldnn-dev not in Debian (Was: Any hint what needs to be done to finalize tensorflow?)

Hi again,

On Thu, Nov 05, 2020 at 10:54:14AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Isn't Mo working on this? Please don't duplicate work, afair there is
> > already work on the way concerning tf.
>
> As Mo wrote in his other mail he sticks to pytorch.  I *personally* have
> no preference at all.  Just a lot of interesting software using
> python-tensor we want to package for Debian Med.  My mail here was
> actually motivated by the strong wish to avoid duplicated work.  So we
> should communicate here if anybody might pick up any work on tensorflow
> (and I would really love if somebody else than me would do so since I'm
> absolutely new to this field :-( ).

I had a first look at the current tensorflow packaging[1].  I upgraded
it the the latest upstream version, made

    Debian Deep Learning Team <debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>

the maintainer and re-activated python3-tensor (which was commented in
d/control.  In commit 0dbfb0ee01[2] Mo "Updated deps" and also added

    libmkldnn-dev [amd64],

which is not in Debian neither something on Alioth.  Mo, do you have
some local package hanging around that needs finalising?  If yes,
would you mind pushing it to salsa?  I think this could be a first
target for me.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/deeplearning-team/tensorflow/