Maybe a whish

Hello!

	Today I want to defrag /usr so I have to kill some proceses.
One thing that I did was to switch to runlevel S, but after that I
realize that there where some daemon's running that they are in
/usr/sbin (rinetd tcplogd bind cron ...)

The problem was that I have to kill them before I could umount /usr.
As I was in S runlevel I just need system binaries and base binaries.
Is there any point why is left those daemons up and running?
(debian slink)

Bye
    Carlos Barros.