Re: RFC: new network config (was: Re: network configuration)

On Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 08:51:29AM -0800, Stephen Zander wrote:
>     Craig> (i'll take advantage of the fact that it's not likely to
>     Craig> ever be part of netbase now so i'll write it in perl :-)
>
> I'll now take a moment to mention Net::Interface on CPAN (written
> by yours truely) which is explicitly designed to replace all use of
> 'system("ifconfig ...")' in perl scripts.
>
> Consider this my intent to package if you don't want to do it
> yourself. :)

sounds good...i'll take a look at it when it's packaged and may end up
using it for what i'm working on.

i think it's better that you, the author of the module, package it...it
would be great if more perl module authors were debian users/developers
and packaged their own modules :-)

craig

--
craig sanders