Re: Lets make a Config DB (was Re: KISS)

Previously Chris Leishman wrote:
> Ok...so is it possible to start work on a simple version of this database
> package - with just the base tools to allow update and retrieval (but the
> ability to extend it later when we have more time and motivation)?

Don't rush.. first we need to define the interfaces. Some demands:
* should be accessable from any script (sh, perl, whatever)
* must support hierarchical index
* each variable can have meta-data associated with it

> Who is interested in this?  Who has started allready (Wichert?) ?

I started picking the COAS implementation appart to use that. I'm still
busy with exams until the 14th, after that I can put some more time into
this.

> I'm not an overly confident coder (but I can code) - so I won't take this on
> myself, but I'm more than willing to help out.  Lets at least get something
> happening people :)

You can always write documentation :)

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl