Re: COAS white paper draft

From: Platibus <platibus@platibus.com>
> Why Python and not Java? I guess you have a lot of Python code to reuse,
> but if that's not the case you might want to consider Java.

I think the language issue is a red herring, as it is simple enough to
generate a C binding and from that everything else, and there is nobody
to stop you if it's a GPL-ed tool. Someone there asked about Perl, and
the answer was that they considered Python to be a more maintainable
alternative. I must admit to sharing their feelings on perl.

> I am currently working on Iris, a set of tools written in Java that are
> file level compatible to Rational Rose and UML. I can offer anyone who
> works on COAS a license for free, if that is any help.

Does that mean you aren't going to make it free software? :-)

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html