Re: packaging issue of a custom Ada runtime using gnat-gpl-2021

On 11/12/21 13:08, David SAUVAGE - AdaLabs Ltd wrote:
Concerning another COTS (an custom Ada run-time) we are preparing, we have a strange issue. This issue does not exist in previous Debian and gnat gpl compiler versions.

just found the issue,

adainclude/libgnat_common.gpr set CFLAGS to "-O2 -g" when CFLAGS is unset (our case when built directly).
However, when using dpkg-buildpackage, CFLAGS is automatically set to
 -g -O2 -fdebug-prefix-map=[...]/rts-adalabs/librts-adalabs-0.0.10=. -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security

we will fix it by specifying the CFLAGS value in our upstream Makefile

Cheers