packaging issue of a custom Ada runtime using gnat-gpl-2021

Dear list,

we have initiated the process of publishing some of AdaLabs COTS ( https://gitlab.com/adalabs/gnatgpr ),
and will target compliance to the Debian policy for Ada concerning our existing packaging configuration.

Concerning another COTS (an custom Ada run-time) we are preparing, we have a strange issue. This issue does not exist in previous Debian and gnat gpl compiler versions.

Currently we are using Debian 9 with a specific GNAT GPL 2021 compiler. The build from dpkg-buildpackage is behaving differently from a direct build

In our debian/rules file, we have updated the PATH as below:
export PATH:=/opt/gnat-gpl-2021/bin/:$(PATH)

1. Different ali file content
===
Both versions have V "GNAT Lib v2021", so that gpl 2021 driver seems to be used in both cases.
The ali file are the same, to the exception of the additional lines below when build using dpkg-buildpackage:
A -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/[...]/packaging/[...]/rts-adalabs/librts-adalabs-0.0.10=.
A -fstack-protector-strong

2. Extra compilation warnings
===
While no warnings are present when build directly, additional compilation warnings are present when build using dpkg-buildpackage::
gnat1: warning: command-line option '-Wformat=1' is valid for C/C++/ObjC/ObjC++ but not for Ada
gnat1: warning: '-Werror=' argument '-Werror=format-security' is not valid for Ada

a. We tried by updating the debian/rules PATH so that we make sure /opt/gnat-gpl-2021/libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/10.3.1/gnat1 is used, but it does not solve the issue
b. We generated a specific default.cgpr that uses the GNAT GPL 2021 compiler, and refer to it while building the runtime, but it does not solve the issue
c. Same result while using debuild --preserve-envvar=PATH

any feedbacks from your side would be most welcome,
Cheers

--
David SAUVAGE

Software Agile Architect, Director