news about gnat-6

Hello.

Most Ada packages are released once a year, around the summer.  Our
roadmap is to do only one transition in unstable, involving gnat-6 and
version 2016 of these packages.
In order to prepare that incrementally, we have started working on
version 2015 in experimental.  The already updated packages currently
need to be rebuilt against gnat-6.  We should probably keep the same
ALI and SO versions as long as we only target experimental.

The gnatprj sources are duplicated in GNAT and gprbuild sources.  In
Debian, the shared library is built from GNAT and linked by gprbuild.
GNAT will sooner or later drop these sources (maybe in gnat-6?). We
will then build the shared library from gprbuild sources. In order to
prevent later bootstrap problems, the build process for xmlada and
gprbuild in Debian does not require project support from gnatmake.

Adacore used to duplicate templates-parser sources in an AWS
subdirectory. No separate templates-parser GPL tarball is available
anymore, and the release cycles are very related. Regenerating the
tarball from the GIT repository causes much duplicated work (removing
the GPL exception from headers for example).  We should in my opinion
consider producing both libaws and libtemplates-parser shared objects
from the Adacore AWS GPL tarballs.