Re: gnat-4.9: directory name problem: GNU/Hurd build

On Wed, 26 Feb 2014 10:57:30 +0000, Brian Drummond wrote:
On Wed, 2014-02-26 at 11:50 +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
Hi, I'm about to test build gnat-4.9 but need to fix the FTBFS on
Hurd for gcc-4.9 first. However, since gnat-4.9 is not integrated
with gcc-4.9, is there any specific reason for gnat to depend on
g++-4.9, libstdc++-4.9-dev? I thought it was  sufficient to only
enable languages 'c' and 'ada' Is there c++ code involved in the Ada
build?

There is C++ code involved in any gcc build since gcc4.8, including
gnat (and ghdl) so these dependencies look real to me.

Correct and unfortunate :/  Some parts of the GCC back-end are now
written in C++ instead of C.

The good news: I uploaded gnat-4.9 to experimental, fixed ada-hurd.diff
and uploaded again late last night.  The amd64, i386 and kfreebsd-amd64
have already completed successfully. powerpc failed due to whay I think is excessive memory allocation when compiling s-except.adb; s390x failed
because gcc-4.9-source is not up to date on that machine.

The other builds, in particular hurd-i386, are pending. You can monitor
the situation here (I know Svante knows; I mention it for other
interested people on this list):

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=gnat-4.9&suite=experimental

Svante, since you're obviously interested in my changes to ada-hurd.diff,
please mtn pull && mtn update :)