Re: GCC considering enabling Ada by default

Florian Weimer writes:
> Despite the subject, the thread is here:
>
>   <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2013-11/msg00153.html>
>
> One problem I see is that the split in Debian between gcc and gnatgcc
> needs manual action (but build with CC=gnatgcc CXX=g++ works).  Are
> there other issues?

Thanks for monitoring the GCC mailing list and for discovering this
interesting discussion.

I think it is premature to speculate about the outcome of this thread.
Moreover, the discussion so far has been only about which languages to
enable *by default*, not about changing the bootstrapping process
completely.  Nothing in this thread suggests that a change to the Debian
packaging should be necessary.

Could you please ping this list when the final decision is made on that
thread?  Then may be the time to revisit the Debian packaging.