Re: GCC considering enabling Ada by default

* Ludovic Brenta:

> I think it is premature to speculate about the outcome of this thread.
> Moreover, the discussion so far has been only about which languages to
> enable *by default*, not about changing the bootstrapping process
> completely.  Nothing in this thread suggests that a change to the Debian
> packaging should be necessary.

Nevertheless, I guess I should mention the version discrepancy on that
list.  In the past, bootstrapping with the C and Ada compilers built
from separate GCC releases was not supported.

What's the reason for the version difference in Debian?  Better
tooling support outside GCC for older releases?