Re: [FTBFS] PolyORB debug under kfreebsd

Hi,

24 червня 2012 о 22:05 +0200 xavier grave написав(-ла):
> I finally get time to investigate further : it looks like bug #642128.
> But now this is the -Wl,-as-needed option that causes the error message.
> If I compile without this flag, no more missing symbols. I didn't find
> any bug related to this option in binutils. So I will open a new one
> tomorrow as soon as I produce a minimal test case.

Hi this could be bug in gnat or somewhere else that passes options in
the incorrect order. Compare these two commands:

   eugen@loki:/tmp% gcc -o main main.o -Wl,--as-needed test1.so test2.so
   eugen@loki:/tmp% gcc -o main -Wl,--as-needed test1.so test2.so main.o
   main.o: In function `main':
   main.c:(.text+0xf): undefined reference to `test2'
   main.c:(.text+0x1b): undefined reference to `test1'
   eugen@loki:/tmp%

The linker looks for symbols needed for objects that come _before_ the
--as-needed option.

Regards,
Eugeniy Meshcheryakov