Re: Transition to gnat-4.6 current status

Svante Signell writes:
> Ludovic Brenta wrote:
>> This is a status update about the transition to gnat-4.6.
>> The previous status update is at
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-ada/2012/02/msg00021.html
>
> What about ghdl? It currently depends on gnat-4.4. I assume it does not
> build with gnat-4.6. It was built on most buildds more than a year ago.

ghdl does not build-depend on gnat, only on gnat-4.4, so it will not
block the transition.  You may see the lack of a build-dependency on
gnat as a policy violation but ghdl is not a library, does not produce
a -dev package, and so cannot adversely affect other packages.

Also, ghdl has 10 outstanding bugs, one of them serious (FTBFS with
recent gcc while bootstrapping its own gcc back-end), so I'll let
the maintainer deal with the package and not bother him further.
If the maintainer is MIA, the QA people will remoe ghdl from Debian.