Re: How are system parameters entered into s-taprop.adb?

On Thu, 2012-04-05 at 12:24 -0400, Stephen Leake wrote:
> Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> writes:
>
> > Looks like if there is an .adb file present, the corresponding .ads
> > file is not compiled.
>
> Depends on what you mean by "compiled".
>
> .ads files are read by the compiler. No separate .o file is produced.

Yes, I see this now. Changing a .ads file does not trigger a recompile,
but changing the corresponding .adb file, the recompile encounters the
changes made also in the .ads file (similiar to a header file in C)

> > Can I freely remove the .adb file to get the .ads file compiled.
>
> Then you won't have the code; what would be the point? The compiler will
> complain that the body is missing.
>
> Just trust the compiler to do the right thing.

Well, the files I'm working with are mainly OS-dependent .ads (and .c)
files and there there is not much content in the corresponding .adb
file, The interface description lies in the .ads file mainly in
connection with pragmas like:
function errno return int;
pragma Import (C, errno, "__get_errno");