Re: Proposition to package gnatgpr and adadesigner for Debian

On 04/06/2012 01:28 AM, Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> David SAUVAGE - AdaLabs Ltd <david.sauvage@adalabs.com> writes:
>>> - do not include a copy of the GNAT sources in your repository; this is
>>>   a recipe for endless trouble copying & merging from upstream sources.
>>>   Instead, use libgnatvsn and libgnatprj.
>>
>> This is a major issue, as libgnatvsn & libgnatprj are patched because of
>> 2 issues :
>> 1. It gets his own Namet and so on (needed because would be erroneus
>> while using ASIS at the same time).
>
> Precisely, libgnatvsn exists to guarantee the compatibility of the GNAT
> front-end and tree files with ASIS; both GNAT and ASIS share the same
> libgnatvsn shared (!) library.  By using libgntvsn, gnatgpr would also
> guarantees compatiility with GNAT and ASIS.

The issue is that libgnat* contain some data at library level that are
used to parse gpr files, but also used to process ASIS. In the
adadesigner case, both are done at the same time, and there were conflicts.

My roadmap is to change gnatgpr behaviour trying to avoid those
conflicts. This would allow me all patches concerning 1.

Achieving this should be mandatory before being included in Debian.

I will come back when this is done.

--
David SAUVAGE

Software Agile Architect, Director