Re: How are system parameters entered into s-taprop.adb?

On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 18:15 +0200, Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> writes:
> > One thing, still puzzling: .adb vs .ads files, what controls which
> > ones does get compiled?
>
> For units that have only a spec, the Makefile instructs gcc to compile
> the spec (.ads) file.
>
> For units that have both a spec and a body, the Makefile instructs gcc
> to compile the body (.adb) file.
>
> After gnatmake-static is compiled and linked, it rebuilds all the tools
> (gnatkr, gnat, gnatbind, gatchop et al) including itself.  gnatmake
> chooses which files to recompile; you give it only the name of the main
> compilation unit (Ada's equivalent of the "main" procedure) and it
> follows the "with" clauses and looks for the corresponding files in its
> $ADA_INCLUDE_PATH.

BTW: Why should a gnatmake-static be created, and make that Debian
specific? The reasoning in the patch is  not convincing for me.

Thanks Ludovic, I'll continue to read the Ada/GNAT docs, TTT. Is there
some way to find out the (call) structure of an Ada package? (and the
object file name mangling makes grepping sources even worse)

Any ideas of the reason for static/dynamic switch in patch:
ada-link-lib.diff? Without the reason for it being introduced, there is
not much incitament to submit patches to it...