Re: gnat multiarch?

Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> writes:

> Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> writes:
>
>> Remember that multiarch impacts only the run-time library packages,
>> not the -dev packages i.e. gnat-4.6 in this particular case, so the
>> path to the *sources* of the RTS is unchanged while the RTS itself
>> moved to /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgnat-4.6.so.1 as part of the
>> transition to multiarch.  If gprbuild only needs to know where gnat
>> looks for the sources of its RTS, maybe the best is to ask gnat? i.e.
>> at package build time:
>>
>> # -*- Makefile -*-
>> RTS := $(dir $(shell gnatls -a -s system.o))
>>
>> Would that work?
>
> Hmm. I guess it's more complicated than I thought.
>
> gprbuild needs to find the list of installed runtime options; sjlj, zxp
> etc. I'm not at my Debian system right now; I'll investigate more later.

/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.6/rts-native/adalib contains *.ali, *.a,
and a link to *.so, so it has everything gprbuild needs.

However, that *.so is for a particular target (the same as the host). I
guess that makes sense; anything else would be a cross compiler.

So the compilers.xml patch doesn't depend on the multiarch target, which
simplifies things.

--
-- Stephe