conflicts and replace

Hello.

Ludovic has uploaded libxmlada4.1-dev (depending on gnat-4.6). The previous
version was libxmlada3.2-dev (depending on gnat-4.4). It seems that he has
forgotten to make the package conflict/replace the previous version.

However, I suggest that we relax the policy (in the "Coexistence not
allowed" scenario) when the compiler changes. I believe that this implies
an aliversion change for allmost any library, as we all use standard specs.

The policy allready indirectly forbids both package being installed at the
same time, so maybe we could allow the maintainer to flush the "Conflicts"
list at each compiler upgrade. In the previous example, trying to install
both -dev packages gives a quite explicit error in aptitude:

(say libxmlada3.2-dev is installed with gnat (<=4.4) and gnat-4.4)
  gnat-4.6 conflicts with gnat-4.4
  libxmlada4.1-dev depends on gnat-4.6

Since both packageŝ depend on gnat, the only package that may be installed
is the one matching the default compiler. Keeping the list of old
"Replaces" may help aptitude to find this solution during automatic
upgrades.

Ideas about that?